iAmHealthyFit is convinced that everyone has the ability to live a healthy sustainable lifestyle. The key to make this possible is to identify 5 priorities in your life and everything else will accommodate around those 5 priorities. I receive a lot of questions from mommies who want to know how can they start working out or return to their workouts post baby. Today I will share my top 5 tips to help moms get back on a healthy lifestyle track.
1. Healthy Living Must Be one of your Top 5 Priorities: I know working out is challenging. I struggled with sticking to my workouts in the beginning and I don’t have children. I can only imagine how much more challenging it would be to do so with a child, a husband, a job and everything else in between. It is critical that you make it a priority because it is the only way you will be able to make time for it.
2. Eat Clean: Once you make healthy living a priority you have to make sure you eat clean. As a mom am sure you are watching how you cook to establish a healthy diet for your new bundles of joy. Stay away from fried foods and eat your veggies. Weight loss is 75% diet and 25% working out!
3. Schedule time to workout: Spend some time looking at your schedule, your kids schedule and your job schedule. Find an hour that you can use for yourself and get a workout in. Maybe during nap time, or right before the baby gets up, or right after work you have to find a time that works and stick to it. If the baby sleeps till 8am you might want to consider working out from 7am-8am. You have to MAKE A STATEMENT and take control of your life!
4. Create a support system: While you have to mentally prepare yourself to make this life change as an individual, you do not have to do it alone. Put a workout group together with your friends that are also moms and learn from each others techniques and workout strategies. Having a support team will keep you stay motivated and empower you to be better.
5. Set reasonable goals and don’t be too hard on yourself: Changing your lifestyle can be tough, and it doesn’t happen over night. Please pace yourself, set reasonable goals so that you can gage your progress and celebrate your milestones! However, do not give up if you do not hit your goals. Instead re-evaluate your workout plan and your diet and identify areas of improvement.
Here at Mase Tv we want to celebrate those moms embracing their healthy side! If you know a mom who is making the impossible possible, and balancing a healthy style please nominate them to be our “iAmHealthyFit Mommy Of the Week”. Nominations will open Sundays and close Thursday Nights. Please send us her name, a brief paragraph highlighting why she should be selected and your contact information to email@example.com with the subject “iAmHealthyFit Mommy Of the Week”. Winners will be featured on Mase Tv on Sundays!
If you need to get started here are two awesome tools you can use to start your journey!
Baby Boot Camp meets at the Park Slope Armory YMCA, Mondays 10-11 a.m. & Thursdays 11 a.m.-noon; $14 per class, or memberships beginning at $45 a month (financial aid available). 361 15th St., at Seventh Ave.
Mommy & Me Pilates is at
Pilates ProWorks Mondays at 4 p.m. Introductory sessions are $25; classes are $35 a piece or $160 for five.
47 W. 14th St., at Sixth Ave. See pilatesproworks.com.