Yesterday the NBA released their schedule for the 2013-2014 season and all we can do now is pick out the top games and start counting down of the start of the NBA season. Here is some of the most notable games of the upcoming season:
- Superman’s return to LA – February 19th
The biggest free agent move this off season was Dwight Howard‘s decision to take his talents to H-Town. The Lakers, who traded for Dwight the year before planned on building around 6’11 center, now fear they might have their worse season under the history of the Kobe system.
- The return of Derrick Rose against the Heat – October 29th
The NBA and the Chicago Bulls had to go a whole season without seeing the play of former MVP, Derrick Rose and with him set to come back for the season open the NBA world is dying to see is highly talented point guard still has that athleticism that made him so special. Also add in the fact that he will come back to the NBA to play against the current NBA champions makes the game that more anticipated.
- The fight for NYC begins as Knicks visit Nets – December 5th
With the Nets upgrading their team by adding veteran champs Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett, some already have the Nets as not only the best team in the NBA but in NY. Carmelo Anthony and the NY Knicks are currently the reigning Atlantic Division champs and don’t plan on letting go of that title with their additions of Metta World Peace and Andrea Bargnani.
- Doc Rivers reunited with Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce as Nets visit Clippers – November 16th
Doc Rivers brought the Celtics to two NBA Finals, winning one of the with the help of Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce and now the trio who were both traded from the Celtics this offseason will be reunited in the Staple Center but this time will be playing on separate benches.
- 2013 NBA Finals rematch as Spurs visit Miami – January 26th
The 2013 NBA Finals was one of the most entertaining finals in the past couple of the years and on January 26th, Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs will be heading to South Beach seeking some revenge. With Miami’s addition of former first over all pick Greg Oden, the Heat plan on showing the Spurs that they are still NBA’s best.
- Pacers seek revenge as they host the Heat – March 26th
Paul George and the Indiana Pacers took Lebron James and the Miami Heat seven games in the NBA Eastern Conference before the Heat bumped them to go to the NBA Finals. With every NBA team’s goal that close but yet so far away, the Pacers plan on showing that 2014 will be their year and will do that by beating the defending NBA Champs.
- NBA Christmas Games – December 25th
Basketball on Christmas is to football on Thanksgiving and this Christmas we will be gifted with a series of great games:
- Chicago Bulls @ Brooklyn Nets
- Oklahoma City @ New York Knicks
- Miami Heat @ Los Angeles Lakers
- Houston Rockets @ San Antonio Spurs
- Los Angeles Clippers @ Golden State Warriors