Via ABC News reports:
Sanford Police Department Capt. Jim McAuliffe told ABC News that Zimmerman “pulled an individual from a truck that had rolled over” at the intersection of a Florida highway last week. Florida Highway Patrol is now handling the case, McAuliffe said.
It’s the first known sighting of George Zimmerman since he left the courtroom following his acquittal last week on murder charges for the death of 17 year old Trayvon Martin. Zimmerman, 29, shot and killed Martin, 17, in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26, 2012. The jury determined that Zimmerman shot Martin in self-defense.
The acquittal prompted dozens of protests across the country this past weekend and his lawyers have said that Zimmerman has been the subject of death threats. His lawyers said Zimmerman has been wearing a bullet-proof vest when he ventures out in public.
Zimmerman’s parents told ABC News’ Barbara Walters they too have received death threats and have been unable to return to their home.
“We have had an enormous amount of death threats. George’s legal counsel has had death threats, the police chief of Sanford, many people have had death threats,” Zimmerman’s father, Robert Zimmerman said.”‘Everyone with Georgie’s DNA should be killed’ — just every kind of horrible thing you can imagine.”
This smells like a PR stunt to us. Zimmerman could save a school of infants from a tragedy and we still wouldn’t want to be bothered. And of course the people that he allegedly rescued were NOT Black.
Source: ABC News