With Aug. 26 being Women’s Equality Day and the U.S. failing to make the top 10 on the Global Gender Gap Index, the leading personal finance website WalletHub conducted an in-depth analysis of 2015’s Best and Worst States for Women’s Equality.
To find the most gender-egalitarian states, WalletHub compared the 50 U.S. states across 11 key metrics. Our data set ranges from the gap between female and male executives to the disparity between women’s and men’s unemployment rate.
Women’s Equality in New York (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 11th – Earnings Gap
- 11th – Executive Positions Gap
- 12th – Work Hours Gap
- 1st – Educational Attainment Gap
- 5th – Minimum-Wage Workers Gap
- 1st – Unemployment Rate Gap
- 6th – Entrepreneurship Gap
- 11th – Political Representation Gap
For the full report, please visit: