Do you suffer from codependency? To find out ask yourself these two questions.
- Has helping the ones you love drained you and hurt them?
- Do you need help overcoming your desire to rescue people who continue on a course of self-destructive behavior?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions then you may be an enabler who suffers from a larger issue of codependency.
Codependents are those who enable or “help” others to the point that they put other people’s problems before their own. In “Breaking Codependency”, by Dr. Lesly Deveraux, readers are provided with a personal life account on how codependents enable others and can cause extra turmoil in your life.
Dr. Lesly is a former New Jersey Commerce Commission Chief of Staff who was brave enough to share her story and mistakes that took her from a wife, mother, and well-respected judge and attorney to a prison inmate. “Breaking Codependency “ was written during her time in prison where she maintained her dignity and chose to turn her test into a testimony as she learns from her personal mistakes.
Coming on the heels of her rose from a major fall, Dr. Lesly is extremely transparent with the reader as she shares her experience and perspective on breaking codependency. She holds nothing back as she provides readers with a unique and practical guide to self-discovery and authentic living, free from traps of codependency.
When reading this book you’ll learn:
- How to search your family tree to see if your codependent actions are a result of learned behavior
- Identify and address your past pain
- Embrace your nurturing instincts with healthy boundaries
- Reevaluate your conduct and change habits which challenge your moral compass
- Challenge yourself to say no even when you want to say yes
- Focus on self-care and not feel selfish
- Embrace the spiritual awakening which will take place
- Keep your head above the noise of fear, shame, and rejection
What differentiates “Breaking Codependency” from other self-help books on this topic is how the reader is brought into the life of the author as she navigates being incarcerated, while reflecting on the enabling behaviors that put her there in the first place. This book is an amazing read and is full of advice on Dr. Lesly’s tried and tested methods.
Learn how to navigate the traps that sabotage your life and find joy in helping, not in enabling. Pick up your copy of “Breaking Codependency” today.