Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto issued an official statement on Wednesday night outlining how he “regrets and disapproves” of the forced push by U.S. President Donald Trump to build a new wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.
This comes after Trump issued an executive order earlier in the day aiming to speed the construction of the wall.
Nieto took to Trump’s favorite place to shut down his claims that Mexico would be paying for the wall.
“I regret and reject the decision of the U.S. to build the wall,” Pena Nieto said in a video statement on Twitter. “Mexico does not believe in walls. I’ve said time and again: Mexico will not pay for any wall.”
Un mensaje para todos los mexicanos: pic.twitter.com/EFcNh7fQtm
— Enrique Peña Nieto (@EPN) January 26, 2017
A senior official anonymously told The Associated Press the Pena Nieto administration “is considering” canceling the Mexican president’s visit to the U.S on January 31. “That’s what I can tell you.”