Dr. Dre has officially announced that he will release his first album in 15 years later this week!
The legendary Compton producer confirmed the news on his Beats 1 radio show, “The Pharmacy” on Saturday afternoon.
Dre felt inspired during the filming of the upcoming NWA biopic, “Straight Outta Compton”, and completed his long awaited album, but also informed us that this will be his final album.
“I felt myself being so inspired by the movie that I started to record an album,” Dr Dre said during his radio show. “It’s going to be my grand finale. The record is bananas.”
Ice Cube hinted a few weeks ago that Dre would drop an album soon, and now only 2 weeks later the album is coming.
The biggest perfectionist in hip hop admitted why his “Detox” album never came.
“I worked my a** off on it, and I don’t think I did a good enough job.” he said.
The new and final album titled, “Compton”, is currently available for pre-order and will hit stores August 7. One week before the release of his group biopic Straight Outta Compton releases in theaters nationwide.
What a way to go out! Just from the tracklist alone this album sounds like its going to be a classic.
Check out the album’s tracklist below.
1. “Intro” Dr. Dre
2. “Talk About It” feat. King Mez & Justus
3. “Genocide” feat. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay
4. “It’s All On Me” feat. Justus & BJ the Chicago Kid
5. “All In a Day’s Work” feat. Anderson Paak & Marsha Ambrosius
6. “Darkside/Gone” feat. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar
7. “Loose Cannons” feat. Xzibit & COLD 187um
8. “Issues” feat. Ice Cube & Anderson Paak
9. “Deep Water” feat. Kendrick Lamar & Justus
10. Jon Connor,”One Shot One Kill” feat. Snoop Dogg
11. The Game, “Just Another Day” feat. Asia Bryant
12. “For the Love of Money” feat. Jill Scott & Jon Connor
13. “Satisfiction” feat. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez
14. “Animals” feat. Anderson Paak
15. “Medicine Man” feat. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak
16. “Talking To My Diary”