I’ve been rocking the Audio-Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX7iS in ear headphones for a while, and I must say they have become my favorite go-to ear-buds. I’m not big on ear-buds but these in particular are special. I look for a few things when it comes to headphones and these hit the nail on the head.
- Enhanced driver system delivers clear, robust audio for the high octane tempo of your life
- 360° rotating eartip adjusts to the unique angle of your ear canal for personalized fit and better sound isolation
- C-tip design fits the shape of your ear for reliable, stay-in-place comfort
- In- line control with mic for answering/ending calls, controlling music & video playback, and controlling volume (on compatible smartphones & other portable devices)
- Flat cable eliminates annoying tangles and lasts longer
- Includes carrying pouch, Comply™ foam tips, silicone eartips (XS/S/M/L), C-tips (S/M/L), and tangle-free flat cable
- Available in black (BK), blue (BL), purple (PL), red (RD), and white (WH)
These in ear headphones are very sleek and light. They come with a nice long flat cable, and 4 sizes of silicone tips to better suit your ear. Those definitely came in handy for me, as I have very small ears so I have the XS tips on my pair. Another plus with these are the c-tips that fully rotate for you to get the better in ear fit. This definitely came in handy for a much more snug fit in the ear.
The in-line volume and track controller also works great. I usually turn my iPhone music all the way up and adjust the volume/track using the controller. Since I use these headphones while I run it comes in handy when my phone is in my arm band.
Ah, the sound on these babies surprised me! I am definitely no earbud fan because I feel like most of them make me feel like I am going deaf – but these don’t! The sound is just right. As mentioned earlier – I use them to run a lot (although they are NOT sweat proof) and they definitely drown out the sounds of the park and everything else going on around me. They manage to stay in my ears too even though I’m running and moving so much. Bass output is on point – which excites me a lot because I have a lot of bass heavy tracks on my everyday playlists. Mids also sound great on these so it’s definitely a win-win situation! Damn near every song I have played using these sounds great so you can’t go wrong.
Pricing + Availability
You can get yourself a pair of these right on Audio Technica’s website HERE for 79.95. At this price, it is definitely worth it!
The Bottom Line
These are some great earbuds and they won’t cost you a fortune. The rotating c-tips and the adjustable pieces allow the most comfortable snug fit and the sound is up there for some ear-buds. So far in my time using them – they don’t get that high pitch scratchy sound if the volume is all the way up – it stays crisp. Spend less than a hundred dollars and get these as your new best buds!