The average college freshman gains about at least 5 pounds during their fresh,am year of college, but still even that can be avoided (unless you trying to get thick ladies). In the August issue of Cosmopolitan Magazine they listed 3 Easy Ways to Avoid the Freshman Fifteen.
Write these down if you’re trying to keep your amazing figure while away at school:
1) Follow the 90;10 rules–if you make smart food choices 90 percent of the time, you can indulge in 10 percent of junk/crap food.
2) Use the MyFitnessPal app to check the nutrition info of the food in the caf before you decide what to have for dinner (myfitnesspal.com)
3) At the caf when friends go back for seconds or thirds, opt for a warm tea instead to just keep your mouth busy, or some fruit.
4) Visit the gym. So many college freshman, or students in general, never step foot in the gym. Make it a point to go at least once a week, and do a lot of walking on the other days. Also check out our post on quick Youtube workout videos. You can do these alone, or with friends in your dorm.
5) Try not to eat after 10pm, and if you do make sure it’s not crap food. This will help the ladies avoid those love handles and tubby guts as they mature into their 20s…..trust me!