With 2016 nearing its conclusion, WalletHub released its 10 Financial Predictions for 2017 in order to help consumers get a jump on next year’s narrative.
- U.S. GDP Growth Will Remain Anemic, At 2.1%.
- Unemployment Won’t Go Far, Finishing Around 5%.
- The S&P 500 Won’t Do Much Better Than An Online Savings Account.
- U.S. Auto Sales Will Surpass 17M For The Third Straight Year.
- Existing Home Sales Will Rise To 6M, Despite Higher Rates.
- The Fed Will Raise Rates Twice, Bringing Its Target to 1.125%.
- Credit Card Debt Will Break All-Time Records, Topping $1 Trillion Owed.
- Consumer Credit Scores Will Peak At 675 In 2017.
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Won’t Die.
- Charge-Offs Will Top $30 Billion, Limiting Credit Availability.
For the full report, including a complete Q&A with those experts, please visit: http://wallethub.com/blog/2017-predictions/30326